RCGrow

Feb 13, 2007
I'm currently riding a Suzuki Rm250 (yr. 2000). I mostly ride trails (no motocross) at various parks around the San Jose, CA area. When I'm riding moderate to hard, my forks just seem to be very hard, as if they are too stiff. They seem to not absorb much of the impact, the travel is only going half down or less on the forks. This especially happens when I hit trail whoops. It hurts so much that both of my wrist hurt for days after. I've played around with various settings but nothing seems to work. Now here is the interesting part, I weigh in at 250, 6'3" and have stock forks and springs. I've checked various websites and all say I need to got to stiffer springs, but I think the conditions would get worse. I also noticed that its very hard for me to stand up (it puts me in an awkward position), as if the handlebars are too low for me. I had bought a pro taper 7/8 Windham RM Mid, but that doesn't seem to help. I was wondering if any of you had any insight on what could help for my bike. Thanks for your time and hope to hear a response.

Thanks,
Robert

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Your bike is valved for hardcore mx(they are a little harsh at the best of times) you need it valving for the type of riding you do, as well as that the springs are way soft and you will be riding down in the stroke and that can actually feel harsher, without springs and valving it wont feel that good i am afraid, BTW if you decide to get the correct springs i would purchase your std ones from you.

Top Bottom