2001 kx 250

dan12

Aug 28, 2007
There is one of these for sale incredibly cheap not to far from me. Do you think it would be alright for me? I already asked what type of bike i should get and most people said a 125 2 stroke or a 250 4 stroke but the 250 is too expensive and there has not realy been any near me for the 125's so i was wondering would this be ok or am i beter off to wait and spend some more $$.
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important) Height 5,10 weight 155
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
pretty aggresive will become more agresive as time goes by and i get a feel for the bike.
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
There is a dirt bike track like 5 minutes from me so i would go there recreatonally but not to actually race, i also ride lots of trails and some sand dunes.
4) Do you have any riding experience?
Yes i have some ridding experience on some honda 100cc bike.
5) Do you think you will race ? Just recreationally against friends.
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
will do some work but nothing to hard.
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? No prefernece but it seems like the 2 strokes are cheaper than 4 so cheaper is better for me.
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? everything but i plan on buying used.
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? Maximum $3000, but the cheaper the better.
10) Do you live in California? no
11) Your age? 16
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
would i kill myself on a 250 2 stroke?
thanks for the help.

Douglas777

Sep 19, 2007
How much is the Seller asking?
Do you know someone with common knowledge of MX bikes that can inspect the bike with you?

dirtbikingdad

Oct 25, 2005
My son, who is 16 rides a 2000 KX250 with a flywheel weight and a gnarly pipe. It is perfect for him and we only ride in the woods. His friend, who was 15 rode a YZ250F. He is now 16 and rides a CRF450R and it about your size.

dan12

Aug 28, 2007
dang i was too slow its already sold, thanks anyways for the help

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
ahh that sucks... But there will be more, and look around in out for sale section, and post in the "want to buy section"

im 16, 6' tall, and 185lbs and my 1983 KX250 hauls ASS!! Great bike. You will like the 250 2t and you wont kill yourself on it...

have fun!

Here is a link to the for sale section!

http://dirtrider.net/forums3/forumdisplay.php?f=14

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…