2001 Yz426

alphado

Uhhh...
Jun 6, 2001
Does anybody know how many links are in the chain? I want to replace the stock one before it ruins the sprockets. I forgot to count them last night and wanted to order one before this weekend. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Should be 116, somebody will correct me if I'm wrong. Also, when ordering the chain tell them what bike/yr model/gearing and they can match it up for you.

slowmo

Jun 28, 2001
Perhaps the 01 is different but my 00 uses 114 links (including the master). I just recently bought a new chain and know this for a fact. I run stock sprockets and the stock 114 length is actually slightly longer than I would like (adjuster bolts are very far out). It would be perfect if I added a tooth to the rear sprocket.

Note that my manual specifies "113 links plus master". I'm not quite sure how they count that.

slowmo

Jun 28, 2001
Both the 00 and 01 bikes run 14 / 49 stock gearing. I know for a fact that the 00 stock chain length is 114 links (including master). I'm willing to bet that the 01 chain length is no different if you're still running 14 / 49 sprockets.

You want to be really sure? Count the number of rollers / pins. I did and got 114.

DC3PIC

Jul 4, 2001
The last chains I bought had extra links anyway. I've always had to cut my chains to lenght, it's pretty easy. Good luck!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…