goondy

Mar 14, 2006
hi i just had my cr250 rebuilt with a new top end and i have it jetted fine according to a plug check.... the problem is that theres no bottom end has no power unless its up in the rpm.. ok if im in 3rd gear about 1/2 throttle and jump on the gas it will snap lift right up no problems and thats in every gear 1st thru 5th..... but if u let it get below a certian rpm range and jump on the gas it will spit sputter and hesitate before the power kicks in... like today i was doin some hill climbs 3rd gear ripping right up it but if the front end started to come up and i let off the gas a lil then got on it... it would fall flat on its face any help would be great..... ok about that RC valve is it supose to be moving when the bike is just idleing? i looked at alot of threads on here but none i found realy relate to the same problem im having

Last edited:

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Make sure the RC valve cables are adjusted correctly. Do a search. There is plenty on the subject. Also please feel free to use a few periods in your posts. It's difficult to follow without them.
Thanks.

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
If you just did a top end and are noticing the problem I would lean towards the notion that you have an air leak.

goondy

Mar 14, 2006
well the reason i did the top end was because it was doing it befor the top end i figured the top end was starting to go thats why i had no bottom end power well i was told that the spit and sputter was from the carb being that the junk so i just ordered the jd jet kit i was told that should solve that problem and thats what i mean by theres no bottom end it will spit and sputter on the bottom end power.

goondy

Mar 14, 2006
also i was wondering i heard there is a high low tension setting for the V force reeds? were would i be looking for that at in the reed cage?

jrm

Apr 30, 2002
Sounds like your RC valve cables are worn or out of adjustment. Adjust or replace them ($20) and see if that helps.

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
goondy said:
also i was wondering i heard there is a high low tension setting for the V force reeds?
Did it start after installing the reeds? I would still test for an air leak IMHO...

goondy

Mar 14, 2006
no it started 1 day when i was out riding the bike started to feel this way and it actually sounded like it got louder so first thought was to repack the silencer i did that and there was no change other then that there was no change to the bike everything is the same now as it was then except i had it rebuilt as for the RC valve cables i already have new ones ordered still waiting on them as well as the JD jet kit as for an air leak i don't think there is any since the bike starts easy and ideles fine but i will get a can of carb cleaner or starting fluid and spray it around the carb boot and cylinder to see if it revs up at all i let ya know as of last night i took off the after market pipe and silencer and put on stock and put jetting back to stock to see if theres any change since all i have is time waiting for my parts

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom