mini-x fan

Jul 20, 2012
Hi guys, I have been tuning up my 2002 XR70 in the last few days. Yesterday, I cleaned the carb good. I put a little bit of gas that is kind of old in it, and it fired right up. My problem is it is not getting sufficient gas to the carburetor. When it runs, it burns the fuel out of the carburetor and dies. Also, when you hold the throttle wide open, it pops and surges while it runs. Could this be caused by some bad crap in the gas? Thanks

Tight Lines

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
mini-x fan said:
Hi guys, I have been tuning up my 2002 XR70 in the last few days. Yesterday, I cleaned the carb good. I put a little bit of gas that is kind of old in it, and it fired right up. My problem is it is not getting sufficient gas to the carburetor. When it runs, it burns the fuel out of the carburetor and dies. Also, when you hold the throttle wide open, it pops and surges while it runs. Could this be caused by some bad crap in the gas? Thanks

Tight Lines
yes. but the petcock must be clogged with gum or dirt. just pull it out and give it a good clean.

BTW, petcock is a funny word :whoa:

mini-x fan

Jul 20, 2012
helio lucas said:
yes. but the petcock must be clogged with gum or dirt. just pull it out and give it a good clean.

BTW, petcock is a funny word :whoa:
Yeah it is! haha! I put some fresh gas in it, and it runs like a top now! I didn't put it on reserve when the tank was virtually empty, so it wasn't getting enough fuel pressure. Thanks!

Tight Lines

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom