rwild

Oct 25, 2004
I've read alot about the mikuni jetting on the 03 cr250 and I also had problems dailing it in but I finally got it. I ride in missouri and only in the winter when it is cold my float is adjusted lower to the bottom of the float bowl to solve the over spill of gas out of the over flow tube I think it is around .690 instead of the .590 that the factory specs the mods i have done to my bike is SST FMF with FMF shorty and a 50 tooth rear sprocket and thats it. carbs settings 32.5 low - 2nd clip on stock needle and a 420 main and even with weather changing here in Missouri this thing runs great no fouled plugs no knock at 1/8 to 1/4 throttle I have tested this for a while. I run BelRay power valve formula at 32:1

:yeehaw:

Last edited:

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
rwild said:
...no knock at 1/8 to 1/4 throttle...
You must be doing something good because knocking at 1/4 throttle was the only problem I had a hard time jetting out. It is a spot where only the slide angle or the nozzle can isolate.

pace

Nov 21, 2003
It's cool that you got it jetted, but honestly all the time tinkering with the Mikuni jetting is better spent installing a PWK. Not only is it far more tolerant of changing ambient conditions, but it really wakes up the low-mid power transition. The improvement is very significant.

Anyway. Kudos to you for persevering.

Top Bottom