The Bigginner

Apr 22, 2006
well, as of last year i was riding my bike at a track. i noticed there were these weird ringing noises in my bike. i left a my friends house and i went to mexico for winter vacations. As of, two weeks ago i turned on my bike and it was smoking alot from the exhaust! my friends brother told me it was jusrt because the gas was to old, run it until the gas runs out and put in new gas. well, i did that and i was riding the bike third gear around and all of a sudden i hear this ring noise in the motor and i was going a such a great speed i thought i could just simply jump start it but all i got was, as if theres this ringing, rotating noise in my motor. i try to kick start but it does the same. is it because my motor is blowin and if so how much does that cost and what needs to be repaired. thank you.

Blackcat

Mar 9, 2007
Doesn't sound good. It could be a lot of things like your valves, piston, rings, cylinder or all of the above. Probably going to cost you a pretty penny on this one. :bang:

Blackcat

Mar 9, 2007
I have no idea. It cost me 1800 to rebuilt my XR600. That was just to redo the valve seats, a cam, new rings, cylinder honeing, grinding the piston down to lower the compression, and some other stuff. It all depends on what is wronge with it and to find that out your going to have to take it apart. Good luck.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom