2004 top clamp

89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
anybody know if the top clamp off of a 2000 or newer bike will fit on the 89-94's. was looking at one today and it looked like the steering stem was the same size.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
I've seen 95 to 04 top clamps used on 89 to 92 KDX200s to move the bars up and forward. To the best of my knowledge no modification was required.

David

Last edited:

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
I don't see how that would move anything... I had a 92 and the clamp area was fixed (molded into the triple tree). The 95 up models can be manipulates by turning the mount around but as far as 89-94 models this is a no go. Unless your talking about the top triple trees, then it wouldn't work on 93-94 models because of the inverted forks. I don't know if the top clamp will fit but you can take some measurements and visit you local dealer to check it.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
I'm assuming that given he is comparing steering stem sizes between the two that he is talking about the upper triple clamp and is referring to it as a top clamp.

"I don't see how that would move anything... I had a 92 and the clamp area was fixed (molded into the triple tree)." The 89-92 upper triple clamp has cast bar mounts that extend back towards the rider almost placing the handle bars in the riders lap. By going to a 95+ upper triple clamp the bars would be moved further forward and away from the rider.

David

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Yeah... most people call it by it's real name.... top triple clamp... only clear to the person saying it! The very top clamp is a bar clamp for your information... Triple clamp means it clamps the forks and the stem. Just a FYI.... not CLEAR! On your question... try eBay, the classifieds here or your dealer... pretty clear!

89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
yep top clamp, if i was referring to the very top clamp i woulda said bar clamp. i thought it was very very obvious that the bar clamp and the top clamp were inseperable on the 89-94's. anyways. how does it clamp the stem?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…