YoTRacer158

Jan 10, 2001
i've been out of riding for about 2 years, but i just picked up an 04 YZ250F and had a couple questions as far as performance upgrades. Main things i'm looking into are exhaust, powernow and powernow plus, and a set of hotcams. I'm debating between the DRD and FMF exhaust, and was wondering if anyone knows where i can find some dyno charts with the hotcams or powernow installed. thanks for the help

ironworker

America since 1908
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2004
if its a brand new bike why tear into it? get a FMF factory 4 with a power header, power now and throw a 50 tooth on the rear sprocket, if after that your not happy maybe you should have bought a 450 ;)
as for the dyno's sorry I cant help.

Rich

YoTRacer158

Jan 10, 2001
yeah but 450's dont race in the 125 class...

ACGUY

Feb 6, 2001
Mod to power up

Go to the pipe immediately. Yoshi, Pro Circuit, or Dr D have seemed to get good reviews. Some are very loud. My 03 has a PC T4, and it is a bit loud. The powernow will only give you right off idle burst that the 250 badly needs. After those two changes, the others are either a lot of machining or are miniscule compared to pipe and powernow. Bang for the buck!

Science

Nov 27, 2001
Had a 2003 YZ250F & the best Mods I made were the Vortex Ignition & DSP Power Now. I had the luxury of testing out a friends set up w/each one at a time and then together and then again w/a DR D Pipe. All 3 were incredible, but the ignition & Power Now really improved the bike.

yz250frdr

Dec 9, 2004
i have a 2001 yz250f with the white brothers e-series pipe and it gets way more power than the stock and really loud. i dont know about the power now though im looking into getting one though.

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
YoTRacer158 said:
i've been out of riding for about 2 years, but i just picked up an 04 YZ250F and had a couple questions as far as performance upgrades. Main things i'm looking into are exhaust, powernow and powernow plus, and a set of hotcams. I'm debating between the DRD and FMF exhaust, and was wondering if anyone knows where i can find some dyno charts with the hotcams or powernow installed. thanks for the help

Go to www.hotcamsinc.com They have a dyno chart listed for the 01-05YZF250. You guys looking for more bottom-mid power(and the YZF needs some), this is the hot ticket.!! :cool:

I would hold off on the power now, just do the cams and the pipe. The FMF would be my choice.

Nick Evenue's motor runs the this combo, and it's a real torquer. I thought it was a big bore :) , he assured me it was not!!!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
If it's a pipe for a Yamaha 4-Stroke, Dr. D .

Top Bottom