2005 450 CRF wheels on a 02 RM250

sj13

Jan 31, 2009
Any chance of this working.... I am thinking if at all possible it would mean custom wheel spacers. I have a buddy offering me a set for a song and they are way better than what I currently have. And as cheap as a rear tire. Any advice/opinion greatly appreciated.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
If the axles aren't the exact same diameter, it won't work no matter what spacers you use.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
sj13 said:
true... I take it they aren't?

I have no idea.. And like Bob said.. If the distance between the spocket & rotor aren't the same, you're done.

I'm going to just guess that you won't be able to make it fit.

At least now you have a couple things you can measure to make sure..

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007

You can always use the rim and just relace it to your current hubs. If your rims are bent or flat-spotted, this might be the route to take but at the same time a set of new rims is not that expensive either, if you're willing to lace them yourself.

sj13

Jan 31, 2009
They have Talon hubs..... black rims with red hubs.... I REALLY WANTED TO USE THEM....

But I know better now what to check.... Looks like I will buy them and put them on EBay. Thanks for all the help.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Now that is different. Go to the Talon website, pretty sure you just need different spacers. How much do you want for the set?

sj13

Jan 31, 2009
Looks like the rear axle is 3mm larger on the 450. Wonder if I could get a sleeve made to take up the difference. Then it would be a spacer issue.... Front axle same diameter.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…