YZ250Fast

Jun 26, 2005
i went to start it today. and with the choke pulled out it revs sooo high and it wont idle with the choke pressed in. i give it gas in nuetral, with the choke pressed in after fully warm and the revs stay high for a few seconds then they come down to a low idle then a stall, even if im in gear riding and want to cost to a stop the revs stay real high then go low after a few seconds. when fully hot and i pull out the choke the revs shoot up really high and stay there. its really weird and never rode like this before. i unscrewed the little 16mm cap on the bottom of the carb and it had some black dirt in it. i checked the filter and it was sealed and clean. the gas was filled fresh and with a new gas can, it just sucks cause i have no clu why it running like this or how the carb even got dirt in it., so whats wrong with my bike?

QKENUF4U

Nov 13, 2005
sounds like its carb cleaning time. pilot jet sounds partially clogged. (runs with choke on but not with it off) pull the carb, go thru it, put inline filter on, enjoy

Top Bottom