kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
Just read on the offical MNZ(Motorcycling New Zealand) website that the 2006 ISDE has been given to New Zealand and they are starting the early stages of planning now. Its said that they are going to hold it in the Taupo region. If you dont know where that is, its pretty much in the middle of the north island, right next to a huge lake.

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
Some of the best trail rides are healed in that area of New Zealand, but all depends on where exactly it is, but theres heaps of pine forrests around that area if that heaps, but then again theres heaps of farm land, and alsorts of stuff around there, its kind of an advernture place. Should be good if they can pull it off.

wayneg

~SPONSOR~
Aug 29, 2001
Theres a lot of forestry in that region which should provide some good tracks, although the soil is volcanic which might not hold up all that well with 500 or so riders through it. The soil also is pretty free draining which might help with lots of traffic. Should be a good event though as Sean Clarke (the main organiser) has been to OZ for their four day enduro champs at least four times now, as well as the ISDE twice, and he organised the OZ four day when it was held in NZ recently. He also has been one of our top riders for the last decade or so, and damn fast through the bush. I'm really looking forward to going along to help/watch :)

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
Yeah same cant wait for it!! Finally some international racing againist our boys. W=I wonder who will be where and on what bikes come 2006, will Whibly have a factory ride, and what about Brich and some others as well... roll on 2006!!

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
I should start saving some money and plan a trip to New Zealand to watch the race!! ;)

Mini

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Mini, organise it as a stop-over on your way to/from Japan, but plan some extra days so we can go riding together. I know I, for one, will be working the ISDE, but if some of you gals come over, we will fit in riding time. When you lot meet up at Reno, see if you can convince some of the others to come along (I know someone who's interested already)
If Buddy puts up a fight, bring him along lol
I'm probably going to have to take unpaid leave for it, as 3 weeks holiday a year just ain't enuf, especially when the factory closes down over xmas-new year (heaven forbid I'm still working for the same company then though).
Michelle

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Thank you, Michelle!
It sounds like a very interesting idea!!
There are three years for us to prepare, right?

Well, then you have to plan to attend '04 Reno Ride.
Buddy mentioned that he is going to keep '97 KDX220 his son grew out of, so you may be able to ride it!
Let's keep in touch.

Mini

wayne ryerson

Dec 17, 2009
message to Michelle in New Zealand

I don't know if this is the same Michelle from New Zealand that sent me a thoughtful card when I was in the hospital back in 2002 after getting hurt during a race. I hope it is because I've been trying to locate you to say thank you since

Last edited:

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Wayne, that was me. How are you after the accident? Was the prognosis right about you walking again or did you defeat the odds?
Michelle Z

wayne ryerson

Dec 17, 2009
To Michelle from New Zealand

I'm was doing alright when I first got hurt with therapy in Pennsyvania I was pedaling a bike up to 1 1/2 hrs and getting my strength back and I was actually leg pressing only 50 lbs but I was doing 3 sets of 25 before my legs would quit. But the insurance co didn't want me to continue going to PA for the therapy because it was out of state and there was no rehab for spinal cord injury in my area so I'm just doing my life the only I know how WIDE OPEN!!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom