Feanor

Aug 10, 2004
It makes sense from a business and manufacturing standpoint. The 220 seemed to most definitely be the more specialized of the 2, with the KDX200 garnering the majority of the nods as an all purpose trail bike...

The 220 in stock form has the edge in low"er" rpm torque, but having ridden both with the KDX200 I was on having mods to help minimize the torque situation, I could tell no difference.

It also makes no sense to produce two two-strokes which differ in only the most miniscule of ways, particularly in these times embracing the more environmentally "friendly" four-strokers...

It wasn't much of a surprise to me that they called it quits for the 220, In all honesty, it still surprises me that they didn't 86 both bikes (because they are two strokes) and replace them with a KDX model with a 4-stroke powerplant...

Kawasaki also stopped making the KX125 for 2006...

being a 04 220r owner, I'm still confident in the knowledge that new parts will never be a problem as 99% of the parts are interchangeable between the later model 200's and the 220's.

But the impact becomes SLIGHTLY lesser even still since I'm getting a new Kawasaki, and it has no "K's" in the model name, but rather a Z an X a 6 and an R :)

Have a good one!

Feanor

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom