MrkCottingham

Aug 19, 2005
I'm picking up a new 06 yz125 this week for my son to replace his 01 cr125. I have a question about what plug the yz runs and if the irridium plug is necessary. I figure after going through a couple during break in and getting the bike jetted to suit us I'll be buying a few. We currently use a b8es in our honda and have several left. The dealer stated the yz uses a b9eis irridium plug, we have also always used 40:1 Amsoil also, I plan to use that also with the yz, is that acceptable for the Yamaha? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
The cheap equivalent for the yz125 is the NGK BR9ES. It used to be the stock plug on this bike quite a few years ago. It does foul a bit faster though.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
After fouling two of the stock irridium plugs, I started running the BR9ES with no problems whatsoever. I was trail riding both times I fouled them. I was following my brother...Probably would have been fine if I would have stayed on the track.

Last edited:

OverheatedR

Jan 10, 2006
Stock plug is an BR9EVX iridium which was replaced with a BR9EIX iridium because the plug number was changed around for some reason, but the plugs are both identical. I've been still running the stock plug though with no problems for the past 3 months and my bike is even modded but jetted accordingly and the thing is reliable as ever.

xcracer725

Jun 2, 2004
I have had my 06 yz125 for about 6 months now and have still not fouled a plug, im not sure why i geuss i got skillz. I still change them before races tho

Top Bottom