2006 YZ250 KYB TC Forks

Jim Havins

Oct 30, 2001
Actually, I was talking about the shock not the forks. Cranked in that tight will affect sharp edge hits. The ones you have to worry about are the ones at the top of a jump face. You may wind up in deep do do....your choice.

Dec 11, 2004
has anyone taken the forks apart on the 06yz250 yet? Just wondering about changing oil, and how much you have to take apart, the manual makes it seem like you have to dissasemble everything on the fork to change oil.???

MXFastGuy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 11, 2001
I tried adding fluid through the bleed hole and could NOT get it to go in. I suppose it would take maybe a drop a minute but I don't have the patience for that. I ended up just pulling the caps and dumping it in.

Jun 21, 2006
Fork tools

Chris,

I opened up my forks last night after 16+ hours and the fluid was really black, I suppose I left it too long. I couldn't open the cartridge cause I don't have the tool. I am living in Dubai and none of the shops have the tools to overhaul the forks could you tell me the dimensions and I will get one machined locally. I think its 36mm octagonal.... Thanks.

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
MXFastGuy said:
I tried adding fluid through the bleed hole and could NOT get it to go in. I suppose it would take maybe a drop a minute but I don't have the patience for that. I ended up just pulling the caps and dumping it in.
You have to pump the fork up and down so the vacuum pulls the oil in.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…