2007 & DRN???? DW?, Reno?, Wardy's?, something new??

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
I heard a rumor that Wardy is cooking up something big for this year.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I like that rumor :)

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
Wardy's in Chicago isnt he?? if so i'll be there :)

ps. if it isn't a rumor we should start it now :nener:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
I might come out of my self-imposed semi-retirement to attend a DW event this year. :cool:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Wardy's place would be a good time. I would also like to see a big ride at Lincoln Trails again.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Moab,
Moab
Moab
:)

Not sure exactly when, but likely June or July as we could not go up into the mountains last year in May. I would love to see some more DRNers make it. I will be posting up information in early January.

A bunch I ride with are talking about going to the Nevada Rally Experience next year if Scott has it in Caliente again.

We are thinking abuot Arizona in April. We rode from Phoenix to Prescott last year. Know anything out that way?

I would be up for Reno, but cannot do it in February as I will be in Mexico in January. February is too soon and we have been snowed out the last two years anyway. The sad part, SoCal is about the same number of hours ... wanna ride in your own backyard?

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Reno is my backyard. I'm in San Jose.

Moab would be cool.

Chi Town would be the eastiest I could go this year...

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
ellandoh said:
ps. if it isn't a rumor we should start it now :nener:
That's what I'm doing :laugh:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
must be nice tony.

have you all noticed how he always has to point out to us working schleps that he has pretty much unlimited vacation time? :debil:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
mx547 said:
must be nice tony.

have you all noticed how he always has to point out to us working schleps that he has pretty much unlimited vacation time? :debil:

:) Actually I work my tail off ... I just do it in spurts. All that will come to a halt if I buy the land in Dripping Springs I am looking at.

Jay: My mileage went up dramatically once I discovered dual sport. DS, that is the ticket. :cool: Think of it as a 200 mile moto every time you get on your bike.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I'm planning a big ride soon. All y'all are welcome to come along. They got this great new bike out in front of Smith's and it's only a quarter a ride. I'm going to wait till it warms up a bit though.

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
make it in the summer so that we don't have to pull the kids out of school. i have already used the religious, ethic, and cultural excuses this year for my kids...

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
My mileage went up dramatically once I discovered dual sport. DS, that is the ticket

Tony, I might try and make that Phoenix ride next year. Are you planning a Broken Bow ride for next year? Big Bend? Decisions, Decisions.... :bang:

April sounds good to me...keep us informed... :cool:

Matt

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
mafols said:
Tony, I might try and make that Phoenix ride next year. Are you planning a Broken Bow ride for next year? Big Bend? Decisions, Decisions.... :bang:

April sounds good to me...keep us informed... :cool:

Matt

I will make sure you get the info as it develops on Arizona.

Broken Bow is a for sure in the spring sometime.

Big Bend is a continual thing as I am a grunt on the Terlingua DS (Burl's) Ride organizational team again. The dates are still in flux, but this will be a "not to miss" ride as we are shooting to have a celeb or two from the motorcycle world there in attendance. I cannot say who yet, but suffice it to say it will be a familiar name.

Don't forget the National Enduro at BMRA in early February. Gary will be needing volunteers to help man the event. I have already volunteered for bristle engineering, so you cannot have that position. Now all I have to do is procure a golf cart and a T that says "Staff" and I am set. :nod:

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
Okiewan said:
Maybe we'll just do it in your yard. Convenient enough? :p

lol, yeah I was gonna suggest you make it Ocala FL at HardRock. 5 tracks, 3 HS trails and the monsterous "Roller Coaster" course.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I want a huge group ride in my yard. It's kinda lacking in the track/trail department and the neighbors might not appreciate it. Maybe we could have it in Papakeith's back yard. He is a land baron, after all.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
fine by me rooster. I mean I do own 5 acres which is roughly equivalent to 80% of the state ;)

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Rooster said:
I want a huge group ride in my yard. It's kinda lacking in the track/trail department and the neighbors might not appreciate it. Maybe we could have it in Papakeith's back yard. He is a land baron, after all.

Can i be the first to ride in the corn? :laugh:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Moab sounds fun!

But taking a week Vacation to spend with the wife in Vegas, Aprilish. Trying to find out how to drag the bike along though ;)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Treejumper said:
Can i be the first to ride in the corn? :laugh:
nope I did it a few years ago. It's not quite as fun as one would think.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…