Jan 16, 2005
I thought I'd show you my 05 220 stock piston with less than 30 hours on it. Aside from being horribly manufactured, yes that is a small crack to right. Looks like I may have dodged a bullet. Got the new Wiseco in so I feel much better now.

I've read all the potential grenading piston stories, but also have read those who have a lot of hours/years on a stocker. Not sure why you would go years without a new one, but to each his own.

So I had to throw in the obligatory newest pic of the bike too.
BTW, Flitz metal polish does a nice job bringing your expansion chamber's finish back to life.

piston1.jpg

kdx220.jpg

ridejunky

Dec 6, 2005
Thanks for the evidence. I kept mine in for years without incidence because it was within tolerances ( risky ). I visited this forum on occasion and decided the change was needed. I relpaced it some time ago and I ride and sleep in peace now. BTW your bike looks great, good to see someone is keeping the rubbersidedown.

Red_Chili

Nov 30, 2005
Very nice! When I bought mine it had some piston slap. Didn't think much of it until I read this board. New piston went in faster than an old guy can ride.

Whose graphics/seat/foam? Just what I'm looking for, in tall foam though. BTW, the Baja Designs LED taillight would work and look suh-WEET with that fender.

Jan 16, 2005
Thanks...Yeah the graphics are factory for the 05, the seat is an 06 that they have on the 200's. Yes, I walked into the dealership backwards on that one..$$$, but I needed a new complete seat and wanted that cover, so there it is.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom