220R Saggy Forks

baldtire

Mar 27, 2002
The forks on 2002 220R seem fine when the bike is sitting on the stand. When I get on the bike and ride there is an instant, very noticable, compression of the front forks and I feel that I am loosing valuable inches of travel. I am 175 lbs and do alot of woods riding. Anyone have any advice??

Kaw_Boy_5

Apr 18, 2001
I know I had to go to stiffer springs on my 200 but I have about 15 pounds on you. Pull the cap and make sure the spring is all the way to the top of the fork and not sacked out (couldn't imagine this being the case since it is a new bike)

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Probably the most mentioned subject on this forum: The front springs are generally considered good for about 135# of rider/gear.

That be one skinny rider.

Uh....that not be you. (not be me, neither!)

change 'em. Set the preload to something sensible (10mm or so).

kaw Bill

Oct 1, 1999
Call Fredette and tell him how much you weigh with your gear on. I'm pretty sure he'll set you up with a 21lb spring. I weigh 170 and that's what I got. The bike will be more well ballaced front to rear. If you still don't like your forks after the spring install, you may want to consider a revalve

kaw Bill

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…