Help!!! Need to replace stand on 02 220R

Bruce

~SPONSOR~
Nov 12, 1999
Unbelievable...

yesterday I picked up a pristine 2002 KDX 220R for my son. He's been working so we can only ride it tonight. So... a huge wind comes up when I'm about to load the bikes on the trailer and my bike falls into his, bending his stand towards the tire. I yank it to straighten it but can't straighten it enough.

So, take it off to inspect the damage, now one of the bolts won't thread in and has in fact started the dreaded cross threading.

Help!

Does trailtech or someone else sell a stand to fit? Any other suggestions? (yes, I realize he can ride without, but not a lot of trees around to set it against sometimes).

Any help, suggestions would be REALLY appreciated!

Bruce

magicass

Sep 2, 2003
My stand loses bolts a lot, strips the bolt hole. Get an oem kickstand or straighten the old one, and drill and tap the hole out for a new bolt.
Good luck.

kxgreg01

May 16, 2005
Trail Tech does not make a stand specifically for the KDX but there is a good post on KDXRider.net from a guy that used a TrailTech stand from another bike that worked out well. He has a lot of pictures and details. It seems like a very good fit. I'm going to do it to my bike.

reng

Feb 15, 2008
I am surprised the kickstand got bent just from a bike falling into it. I race my KDX and therefore take the kickstand off all of the time. Mine (an '03) seems pretty beefy to me. It must have hit in a perfect spot to bend.

Anyway, I'd heat that sucker up, bend it straight, spray wd 40 on those threads and honk down on those bolts. Those are big long bolts, I wouldn't be too afraid to crank down on them.

Top Bottom