mlz

Mar 28, 2003
I'm 46 and have been desert and single track racing here in AZ for the last year or so on a KDX200 and doing pretty well but hadn't raced a motocross. Well last weekend I raced Vet Beginner at ACP on the trusty KDX and actually took 6th overall (out of 10 riders in the class). What a blast!!!! Even on the KDX.

I'm hooked and have decided to keep the KDX for the desert and single track races and want to pick up a 250 MX bike for the moto's. Looking at probably a 2003 model year based on price range here in Phoenix.

So.........what color? Any particulary good or particularly bad 2003 bikes? I don't put much stock in the magazines "shootouts" cuz my guess is the biggest advertising budget most likely gets bike of the year. Would rather hear from the riders on what bike to get and why.

Thanks.

AXE_1967

Mar 31, 2006
Every one I've ever known who has owned a 2t 250 or 125 for that matter has had no real gripes about any thing about them. Sure one might claim to be stronger or have better suspension than the others but for the most part they are all pretty reliable and have power, it's all in the rider. Having more power or a quicker power response can be matched by a simple change of gearing with sprockets or you can get a little more technical with it all. I've always had good luck out of Kawies, it's all I've ever had from mx, atv's and street.

NM_KDX200

Dec 29, 2002
Since you have a KDX, why not a KX250? I went with the KX125 as my "play MX" bike and have been having a blast with the lil' thing.

Yz-85

Jul 6, 2006
the kx250's are cool. my friends dad has one that i went riding with and its sweet. or a cr250 or yz250 id recomend any of those. or maybe a ktm

duke

Oct 9, 1999
Not to digress from your question regarding what new purchase of bike, but what was the track like? To earn a 6th out of 10 is admirable

Top Bottom