250 IT throttle cable breaking

bake

Sep 20, 2001
Last year I had a fall which broke the plastic throttle, I found a replacment but didn't like the way the cable feed in (from the bottom). This year I ordered an aftermarket throttle assembley that feeds into the side (90 degree pull) inside there is a wheel to guide the cable and I have cheched it for free movement and to see if the cable is binding/dragging on anything but all seems good. I have frayed 2 cables righ at the turn point this year and am wondering if someone else has had this happen?

FDR492

Jun 28, 2002
Hmm everyone recommmends i lube my clutch cable and throttle cable......what kind of lube? just WD-40 or what?

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
WD-40 will work but it will eventually wear off in matter of hours. I use nothing but Maxima Chain & Cable Wax on my cables. It also works for lubing the chain so it is even more convient. It is very thick waxy type stuff that will last alonnnng time. I suggest you buy the small can and try it out on your cables and chain and see if you like it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…