NacNac250F

Apr 15, 2003
Ok so I was at the track and the impleller gear blew apart on my 03' 250F and put a little hole in my case. Ever since that happened the bike has made a wineing noise. I pulled off the side case and all the pieces of the gear were sitting right underneath of the shaft so nothing traveled inside the gearbox. I even pulled the top-end apart and nothing was wrong there spun the crank and the main bearings felt and sounded fine. I replaced the oil pump which had a lot of scoring in it, started the bike with no clutches in it and still the noise was there, replaced the balancer weight which looked like it was hitting the case a little and the noise is still there. I just cant figure out what it is i've done everything i can besides splitting the cases. The nosie is coming from the clutch side around the water pump. Its driving me nuts!!! O and i also replaced the water pump bearing. Any idea what it could be?!?!?!?

NacNac250F

Apr 15, 2003
Pulled off the clutch cover and it was all in place. I just have no clue what it is. I did notice however that on the end of the inner hub (the end that faces the pressure plate) that there are a lot of marks from where it looks like something is/was rubbing. I ordered a new inner hub because the shop i had it at broke one of the holes out where the cltuch spring screws screw into. So I'll see if that helps.
One more question...With no clutches in, if i grab the clutch basket and try to wiggle it should it have any play? Mine has a couple of mm of play. Theres no bearings inside the clutch basket so i know that bearings can't be bad. I think the inside is teflon or brass or something, if that goes bad will it make taht kind of noise?

Top Bottom