mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
hey,

i am just starting to look for a new bike and have some ... my question is that when i have some questions maybe you guys could answer for me... i am 5'11" about 155lbs, race 125 C motocross,when i had a yz125 and raced i was generally one of the fastest on the track but could never string together a good start, and now watching the 125 class it is becoming clear to me that the 4strokes are taking over... at my size do you guys think a 2003 rm125 would be competitive off the start with the 4strokes when jetted and geared properly with my size, i would love to have a 03yz250f but money is an issue... i love the 2strokes and can beat most of the guys in my class whether on 4stroke or two, but i have to be able to get off the line with the 4strokes. should i get a rm125 or bite the bullet and get a yz250f?? thanks, i hope thats enough info.

Excalibur

Feb 2, 2004
I'd go with the 250. A couple of reasons. Better off the line accelleration being a big one. The 125 will catch the pack, but you'll have to "work it". The 250 will also be LESS TIRING in the long haul as you don't have to "work it" as hard.

Ernie

elf

Jun 7, 2003
Dont despair if you cant afford the 4stroke. Your tall but your not to heavy for a 125 2 stroke.Practice your starts! Even a guy on a slower bike can get good a good start in C class if he is a good starter.

TT-R rider

Feb 9, 2004
hey,
i need some advice but yeah i would go with what excaliber said go with the 250 but hey what do you think of a tt-r 125 le 4 stroke and but a yz 125 2 stroke is good to.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
update...i got a yz250f from one of my friends and just got done rebuilding the whole thing from the ground up a few hours ago so im good to go for the next season, thanks for the help...P.S. it kicks the crap out of my old yz125 and tht was ported polished milled and all that stuff!!!!!!!

ironworker

America since 1908
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2004
TTR Biker

I just bought my wife a TTR 125 and i think its a great trail bike, I just decided to buy my son the new YZF250 because i have been told and have posted in this forum with answers that it is just a better bike. good luck.

Rich.

Top Bottom