ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
hey, got a problem fellas and ladies! 87 kdx 200, went to a 300 main, because of fouling, seemed to have fixed that. i'm running BR9ES plugs, new fmf torque reeds, put in an inline fuel filter. few days ago had to hone my float needle to stop a peeing bike, anywho. Today while riding on my "track" bike would run fine but everytime i would open past 3/4 throttle it would just about stop dead in its tracks. like it was getting no fuel. where wouuld you guys start first?? pull carb, clean? btw, pulled plug (not a WOT test though) when i got back up to the house, it was fairly black and a little wet, should a drop my main even smaller?? 60° here today...thanks :aj: :uh:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Originally posted by ZKDX
few days ago had to hone my float needle to stop a peeing bike

Changing the jet should not have the effect you are describing, unless of course it is plugged with dirt. Remove it and blow it out to be sure. The needle seems suspect too in that it is the last item that you changed. It's possible that you changed its profile beyond use. Can you borrow a needle from a friend?

If that's not the problem you might want to check your ignition.

andrew

Aug 7, 1999
Also, in my experience a 300 is too lean for that bike. I used to run a 310 with good results (320 was stock). perhaps you are experiencing some 'lean bog'?

good luck,
Andrew

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
that could be it, andrew...i tried to get a 310, but they were out, that is why i jumped to the 300, maybe i should try again to get one

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
'bike would run fine but everytime i would open past 3/4 throttle it would just about stop dead in its tracks'

This is a with a quick flick? If you roll it on slow, does that change the effect? Does it ever recover from the 'fall flat' effect, or just stay there?

A plug check is only valid for the main jet using a WOT plug chop test. Otherwise you may be looking at the result of a number of overlapping circuits.

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
i'm running stock pilot which i believe is the 25, and i'm in the 2nd position from top of needle-----canyn, it would not recover and didn't seem to matter if i was rolling on it or flicking my way into it.

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
so it sounds like i'm too lean...thanks all

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom