89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
get everything laid out , then get some beer, dont start drinking the beer until after you get the exhaust valve back together and make sure you put the rings in right. then get jug on piston. now u can have a beer.

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Someone mentioned putting a rag over the cylinder (whatever that thing is called, it ain't the head as that's been taken off, so scuse my lack of terminology) to stop crap falling in - another option is to use a paper/plastic plate with a hole for the crank to poke through.

Wherever you do get the top end kit, if they ask if you want the clips for the little end bearing to go with it, say yes. They're not much $ and should be replaced each time you do the piston. I know I've been asked if I want them or not & been unsure.

You should be fine, but do get a manual and do remember the left hand thread (check the manual when you get it against the justkdx site for the correct caption - some were wrong, but not all).

Oct 28, 2004
im 15 and i just put a complete top end on a friends xr70r and it was my first time and it took about 3 hours. we decided to put new rings in and it only took me about an hour and this is a 4-stroke so i can only imagine how easy one of these 2-strokes is besides the valve. so all in all ide say go for it, just have the manual next to you, some good space near you and most importantly a torque wrench, also shove clean rags down by where the crank is so nothing falls in there and most importantly HAVE FUN

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom