marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Well i fitted a 38mm TMX carb on the 02-1st i was hard to get the back end of the carb into the airboot as its bigger than the TM carb that comes on the 02-it does go in and all std clamps are used.Also it would have been a good idea to remove the reed spacer as the TMX is also bigger from front to back.Jetting ended up as
Pilot 40
Slide 6.5
Needle std 02 on the 4th clip
Main 420:scream:
This was using the S9 nozzle(std from the 00Cr250)
the reason for the s9 nozzel is the carb was from service honda(good price BTW) and it came with this nozzel.
So basically i purchased a 250Cr carb and used the jets that come in it apart from the needle and pilot.The slide in the 250 is a 4.5 which i modified to a 6.5, on the track the carb worked well(once jetted)its power at the very bottom was slightly softer but from then upwards it was strong and crisp.The top was better and it gained overev which i needed.I would have like to have tried it without the reed spacer but this will have to wait till next weekend.
So far the engine has a husky piston/01 v force and modified manifold/shorty doma tailpipe and the 38mm carb and im very happy with the engine performance.It now doesnt lack power anywhere and is competative with most modified 125s.The last thing i want to try is a wulf ignition but it needs programming for the 02 so it will have to wait for now.

Top Bottom