51st Corduroy Enduro

crazymike

Aug 10, 2000
Anyone riding in this?

Since this race is basicaly in my backyard I get to ride the course every year. Some day I might try racing it, but not anyitme soon :P

I rode about 100+km loop of the currently marked course and it's pretty awsome. In 100kms you pretty much ride every type of trail imaginable. Aside from sand dunes. You go from decrepit corduroy roads, to highway to 5kms of whoops to insanely tight single track up the side of a mountain and down a vertical drop on the other side. There is lots of water crossings, and I mean lots. We are talking 4-5' deep puddles that stretch for a good 40'. There are sandy sections, dry sections and confusing sections. I didn't ride thru gooderham last year so maybe it's the same, but in one spot you are navigating the town. You cross the highway several times and loop back around on small trails then you have to cut down the side of a cemetary, go over a foot/snowmobile bridge and end up in the lumber yard.

Anyone else racing in this? Or coming up to watch? These are definitaly some of the best trails I've ever rode on and every year they get better. I've been riding here for the last 10+ years and I find a new trail every time I go out that I didn't know existed.

grunk250r

Nov 16, 1999
Man i'd LOVE to come ride that enduro...i've heard LOTS about it over the years...a year or 2 ago there was a GREAT article on it in Trail Rider mag. Where exactly is it in Canada?? I live in Minnesota. And what was the date of it again?? THANKS.

crazymike

Aug 10, 2000
grunk250r said:
Man i'd LOVE to come ride that enduro...i've heard LOTS about it over the years...a year or 2 ago there was a GREAT article on it in Trail Rider mag. Where exactly is it in Canada?? I live in Minnesota. And what was the date of it again?? THANKS.

I made a mistake, the trail I rode must of been still marked from last year, either that or someone has gone and ripped down half the arrows.

It's in Kinmount, Ontario. That's about a 2 hour drive from toronto. Even if you can't get into the race, atleast ride the trails one summer. Grab a snowmobile map or try to hook up with someone and have a blast.

I think it's sept 14-15 or something around there.

scottyr

Mar 12, 2000
I will be there again this year. I have my entry all filled in and ready to drop in the mailbox tonight.

Should be a little easier this year according to one of the organizers.

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
I'm planning on going. There's 4 of us confirmed from here, and maybe one more. Here's hoping it doesn't rain ;)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…