true blue

Apr 4, 2002
What kind of power do these bikes have?I have been doing more enduros and would like a more trail friendly bike.I currently have a yz450f and am thinking of making a change.I am a big guy about 290 and really do like the power of the 450 and the instant hit what does a 525 or a 450 rev like.

Do you guys think there is a model that would better suit me.And what exactly are the differences between the mxc/exc.

Thanks

cp380sx

Jan 12, 2001
The 525 has smooth tractor like power that feels like it could pull tree stumps. For a big guy like yourself, I couldn't think of a better engine.

motomickey

May 9, 2002
525 power would be more friendly-and more hp than the 450 yamaha. as for the differences between the MXC&EXC, the mxc has a six speed close ratio transmision, big tank, no lights. The EXC has a smaller tank, wide ratio transmission, and lights-it is an enduro weapon first and foremost. With your size, you'll probably want to put a 13 tooth countershaft sprocket to gear it down just a bit- go for the exc and get the suspension done by a good tuner!!!!

true blue

Apr 4, 2002
Thanks for the replys.I am going to try to and ride one before i make a switch.Checked them out at a dealer and they are nice bikes.I was quoted $8100 OTD for a 525 exc here in california.Does that seem like a good price?I don't know if dealers will deal on a ktm thats why i ask.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Call Mike Kruger @ Cycle Zone KTM. He will treat you better than just about anybody I can think of. I just picked up my 525EXC about 6 weeks ago and couldn't be happier. BTW, they advertise on here, so you can check out there store and get the 800 number. On my phone it's auto dial #11 :confused:

motomickey

May 9, 2002
unfortunately, if you are buying in Kalifornia, 8100 otd is a pretty good price-if you want to save money, use the get a quote feature on ktmtalk...it helps ALOT!!!! Shipping a bike out here is not that expensive...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom