2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
With all the talk of gnarly-low temperatures, the ice and snow, I figured I'd let you guys drool. Here in the St Louis area (normally 20-30 right now) we had a window of opportunity that could not be passed up.....almost 70 today. Recent rain, perfect traction, no dust, no bugs, just miles and miles of singletrack. The riding was sweet. :nod:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Here in TX we've had the AC on. LOL Damn, I actually want some winter stuff.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Still 60 degrees in Chicago at 11 at night.... not bad for January! Another record high on the way tomorrow. :cool:

jayden122

Aug 4, 2007
its been low 40s where i live , and low 30s at night its soo hot, oh but thats celsius dunno how much that is in youre temperature lol

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yeah were' gonna get that 60 degree weather here tomorrow. Today it's suppose to get to the high 50's!!!

...and last Thursday it was a high of 10 degrees :(

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
50 yesterday and 58 thunderstorms today :coocoo: . It was nice at the Grand Rapids AX this weekend. For once it wasn't freezing in there!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I love Texas in the winter :)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
hmmm . . . 67 degrees? In January?

Meanwhile, this is my wife and I walking up our driveway:

snowstormatleast_small.jpg

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I saw the midwest had some tornaders! Damn I miss that crazy weather out there. Hurricanes are lame, you already know they are coming, sometimes days in advance, but a good ole 'nader ... no warning, it just blows into town and tears the (beep) down! I miss my 'naders, hella good adrenaline rush.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Yea, we had a good one last year down in S-Eastern Mo. Gives the skid-plate a workout, took us an hour to ride about a mile. Ohhh the trail work. :pissed:
BTW......lifting your bike over trees is much easier with a 2-stroke. :nener:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Squeaks got the full on TVS activity the very day we rolled into Iowa when she moved out there. We were on our way back from getting my truck at the airport when they started giving warnings. I get a call on my phone "what county are we in?", I laughed, as it was a tornado warning for Story county, and that was where we were. Poor thing. She has no love for the tornadic activity!

Squeaks had an issue with a "Meso" when we were in MO, visiting Eddie and Speedy, we watched a Ford Explorer spin IN THE AIR on the other side of the interstate and slam into an overpass column. Trees were falling left and right, it was an AWESOME sight. When we arrived back home, there were large branches down everywhere, we spent the afternoon helping the neighbor clean up his yard. They called it a "downburst" but I still think something bigger happened.

Did I mention I miss 'naders?

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Rooster said:
Squeaks had an issue with a "Meso" when we were in MO, visiting Eddie and Speedy, we watched a Ford Explorer spin IN THE AIR on the other side of the interstate and slam into an overpass column. Trees were falling left and right, it was an AWESOME sight. When we arrived back home, there were large branches down everywhere, we spent the afternoon helping the neighbor clean up his yard. They called it a "downburst" but I still think something bigger happened.

Yeah, that was scary to say the least.

I still wonder what the guy driving the Explorer was thinking when he saw four people in a tiny little rag-top BMW staring at him like this :yikes:

I'm all set with 'naders.

We did have some record high temps here today - according to the National Weather Service it was 66 at the airport! I wish we had that all the time!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I am pretty sure that board can be used in the MUD, or wet grass. Nobody remembers these little blessings in a year or 2. I have lived with no winters, they help you appreciate summer more. Them hurricanes hit land they spawn tornadoes with little to no warning, memories of camile. They were sure stirring the cheese yesterday in WI.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom