CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Forgetting your green sticker !?? What a knucklehead! We had to make a plan quick so we decided to opt for the Jedi mind control - "These are not the droids you're looking for." Worked like a charm ;)

Yes I do have a case of the old "saddle-sores". Mostly b/c I need to get used to the power a bit more before I stand up too much (it's harder to get off balance while sitting!). Yep, this bike is everything I hoped and thought it would be. The weight & handling make it so much easier to ride than the XR... and exciting too! The "East Frazier trail" is a long uphill - loose rocky singletrack w/ lots of really tight switchbacks. It used to be a handful w/ the XR b/c the front end would be all over the place & the back as well. I would have to take the switchbacks pretty slowly. W/ the GG, it was cake.... the front stayed straight, good traction & I went thru the switchbacks far quicker than I ever did before. Just had to be mindful of the throttle. At one point I think I (unintentionally) had the front wheel in the air over a short steeper section of small step ups - :eek: whoops - easy now.

This XC does have a bit of hit in it. I think maybe it can be jetted better - although I'm a 2-stroke rookie & don't know much better. It was a bit "burbly" compared to the Eel's smooth chainsaw sounding Husky - I am a bit envious of that. :debil: When we switched off I felt a little safer on his bike cause he's now got it dialed in so freakin' perfect now (hey it only took you a year! :moon: ! His bike was a joy to ride (even though I wish it was a 200!) when only a month ago I handed it back to him at Phelan & said "Man, I don't know how you ride that thing!". I haven't set the sag yet or even touched a clicker on my new redhead & it was pretty darn good. If it's already this close to great as a starting point, well ... I can sleep good at night!

I'm very happy with this bike & I give the XC250 the offical endorsement of Team Knucklehead. Looking forward to next week's enduro for some more seat time :)

Last edited:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Great report on an exotic bike. :cool:

Originally posted by mxbundy
So what do you think Eel? Will we see you on a red 250?

I'm thinking CRF250 for the Eel. :D

Last edited:

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
You won't be seeing me on either of those red bikes anytime soon ...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom