'80 KDX Stator

renrip

~SPONSOR~
Dec 27, 2003
I'm looking for a stator assembly off an 1980 175 KDX.

I haven't been able to find a wrecker with one.

Is there anyone out there who would be willing to part with one or knows someone who has one?

RuffTrane

Jun 30, 2003
Hey renrip, I feel your pain. I have an '82 kdx 175. Can't part with my stator or my bike wouldn't run. I know how hard it is to get parts for the "old girls" but I've had a lot of success on ****. Found everything there I could ever want. There are a lot of guys who sell off parts for your bike. I've seen the item you want on **** more than once. Just a little patience and some bidding strategy might pay off. Try it out and good Luck.

RuffTrane

Jun 30, 2003
sorry, I guess they have some copyright rules and xed out the place I told you to go. The "Bay" online. Catch my drift?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Stator problems are common on the old KDXs. When my '84 went out, I had it rewound. There are shops that specialize in stators, such as www.rickystator.com but it is not rocket science and you might find a local shop that can do it. You may consider doing it yourself. If you do a google search on motorcycle stator rewind or similar words, you will find some links with pointers.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…