JoeR0905

Jul 10, 2012
Okay, so I have an 85 it 200, bike has been maintained well. But about 2 months ago I was riding on a hot day, made sure there was oil and such in it and mixed the gas 50-1. Usual things. After I got done riding, I turned the bike off and the engine seized. So on and so forth, took the top end off, got to the crank, unseized the bearings and put it all back together with a new piston. Now when I start the bike, there is a rather consistent ticking about every 1-3 seconds. Anyone have any idea?

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
if the bottom end was notchy or locked up in any way at all you will most likely need to rebuild the crank and change the main bearings and seals because to me you describe a motor that siezed under no load and the likely cause of that is pieces detaching from below (like a main brg cage or pieces of big end) Hope I'm wrong but thats what my instinct says

JoeR0905

Jul 10, 2012
My thoughts with that is wouldn't it be a faster tick? I mean I could see it but I really am just not sure. I will look into it but I had the crank out before I got it unsiezed and it seemed to me that everything was spinning right and smoothly before I out back together. I'll do a second glance and actually look though, thanks for the intel.

Top Bottom