91-94 KDX250 exhaust

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Okay for the track, what year of KX exhaust fits those bikes? It does have a FMF Fatty pipe which list for the 92-93 year KX. But each year 91-93 has a different pipe. no fun!

Thanks!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Matt, I did not realize any KX250 pipes fit on the KDX250. You are right that FMF shows the same part # for the'92-93 KX Fatty as they do for the '91 - '94 KDX250.

Depending on what type of power delivery you are looking for, I would consider chaning your stock silencer/spark arrestor and keeping the FMF fatty. On mine, I used an old Answer SA Pro spark arrestor modified to fit from an 89-94 KDX200.

I used to run the FMF/Answer combo on the trail, and the quieter stock silencer and pipe on dual sport rides. With the aftermarket system, the bike revved out farther and did not have an abrupt low/mid hit (jetting and other engine mods were not changed w/ the pipe switch) that was present with the stock system.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Thanks for the reply dave. I have the FMF turbine II core setup out back with the SA. The guy I bought the bike from had just a silencer on there on the pics of the pic he showed me. I just wanted something low profile for the track. You can pick them up new off ebay for like $30.

I emailed FMF today to see if I get a response back. Hopefully.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Good luck getting an e-mail resonse from FMF :silly: I've emailed them several times and never got the faintest hint of an answer.

If you are not concerned about S/A and noise, it would be interesting to see what a KX250 'silencer' could do. As far as I know, the 91-94 KDX 250 engine is based on an '88 - 89? KX, but the frame is different, so it was interseting to see that the '92-93 KX pipe has the same mounting points.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…