aaronnaland

Jan 19, 2009
So I bought a project bike for this winter. It needs a piston because it doesnt have one and cosmetically it needs alot does anyone know anything about this bike?

Does it come stock with the racing clicker shock in the back?

Is it the same motor as the other ktm 250's of the year?

Can you put a 300 cylinder on it because cross referenceing shows that they use the same crank and rod but i dont know if they share the same bottom end.

Anyone know where i can get a piston for it.

I dont know how long its been sitting anything suggested to do right off the bat.

How do you flush the bottom end because i know a little piece of the piston came off into the motor when they were talking the cylider off. ( I Was there and it was my fault it made it into the engine but its little pieces.)

Does anyone know where i can get new parts for a ktm on the internet in a babbittsonline style.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Split the cases, for any sort of making sure there is nothing else going to destroy your fresh work. There is a gap, in between the seal and main bearing, you can never be assured that this area is clean of debris. It does enjoy holding damaging particles in there, till just the correct moment, to destroy your engine, again. The tools are cheap, it probably could use new main bearings and seals, and fresh gaskets? If you are at the races, this happened in between motos, the state championship is on the line, Been there and done that. And FAILED! So next time? Any sort of petroleum, will help metal to stick. Detergent and warm water release the oil, and the contaminants. Then a quick wd40 douche. When the cases are split. Vintage Bob

KTA

Jul 14, 2000
Munn Racing is the best outlet for KTM parts - but they don't have parts diagrams online for bikes earlier than 1994.

I know the 300's from 91-94 all share the same piston, I'm not sure off hand if the 250's share as well, but I bet if you called Munn they could let you know.

Top Bottom