rob_p69

Sep 13, 2009
i have a 92 rm 250 and its spits out alot of black stuff out the exhaust like oil and doesint have full power i was just wondering if any one nos the stock jets in them or what else the problem can be i think its the jets my self but maybe its something else help pleazzzzzzzze

tnutcher

Jan 10, 2008
could be a few things. check your spark plug first, get one the correct heat range if its not, it needs a number 8 heat range. If its cold it could be burning a little incomplete and causing the spooge. Otherwise maybe try cleaning your air filter if its dirty, low air and high fuel causing a rich mixture would give a spooge also. If that doesnt work, the swap 1 step lower in the main jet, or you could raise the clip on the needle one position (lowering the needle). Hope this helps
TNutcher

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Step one is get a shop manual. Your problem could be its a 92, and how good of shape is the motor actually in? Crank seals, top and lower end, the cooling system, can all cause spooge, thats the black goo. It would be nice if its just a jetting or plug heat range, maybe even a clogged silencer, but, you or a qualified mechanic will actually need to find out. Most manuals, you can start at the front with some basics tools and go through the bike. Later you will find out, the daily/weekly/monthly/yearly maintenance chores that prevent things like this from happening. It will help you make more precise guesses as to the issue, which IS in your garage, not mine, unfortunately. It would make things easier?

rob_p69

Sep 13, 2009
hey

it bogs out at the first half of the throttle and backfired a couple times it starts fine idles fine just keeps spitting black stuff out of the exhaust i dont no what the guy that had it before did but its wierd just need ideas of what it might be so im looking in the right places not the rong ones i no the air filter is dirty but can it cause this that bad anyway if any one had this problem or nos what the stock jets are it would help thanks rob

Top Bottom