spacinjason

Feb 5, 2006
my 94 rm 125 has water in oil but no oil in water and I'm not using any water I drained it rode it still the same and I have done that like 3 times milk shakes every time I've took the tranny cover apart gasket looks good water pump gasket and seal seem good head gasket looks good where else could this water be coming from anyone have this happen or know where I should go from here this is my first water cooled bike just retired the 80 rm 400 and I'd like to see this going so any help would be great thanks in advance :aj:

rm_racer

Mar 15, 2005
Are you sure its not just grey? Are you loosing coolant out of the cooling system? Before you ride, change the oil, and check and top off the level of coolant in the rad. Ride around for a hour or two, and if there is very little or no fluid missing, and you drain the oil and its milky, then it is probably just grey from clutch wear or whatever.

I have the same bike and when I change the oil it is usally a grey coulor, although I probably dont change the oil as much as I should.

nickyd

Sep 22, 2004
how can you tell the seal seems good? You need to start eliminating problems by making changing not just assuming its ok - start at the water pump seal - its under the impeller.

nickyd

Sep 22, 2004
don't forget to put a taste of grease on the inner lip of the seal and make sure the impeller shaft doesn't have any thing stuck/corroded to it that will damage the seal when you slide it in

phranticness

Jan 4, 2006
I just had the same problem with my 99; kx 125, water in the oil. It was the waterpump shaft seals. on the KX their are 2 seals, one for the oil and one for the water. I packed the seal lips with grease. Caution: they only go one way, get a book if you don't have one. I like the clymer manual. I also used 600 grit sandpaper on the shaft because it was rusty, and also on the case, just lightly to remove the corrosion. I don't know if that is a good reccomendation, but I really did'nt have any other option, it was either replace the shaft or sand it...........good luck and happy trails.......steve

Top Bottom