97 KX-250 woods setup?

Mc.85

Nov 20, 2004
Well I have been riding for about 10 years and am not that bad..prob is it was on an old XR.It had basicaly no suspension adjustment cept for sag and fork oil.I recently got a kx and am wondering what would would be a good starting point on the clickers as well as sag,and fork oil level.I just rebuilt the front forks..(seals and teflon bushings) ,and added 10wt oil set to 4.40 inches.The low side of standard for the bike.What would be a good level for what I want.I am so loving the fact I finaly have suspension I can adjust..,but uh have no clue how too..lol. I weigh 155 pounds and ride mostly woods.I have asked a few people this question and all I am told is "the stock suspension should work,u just need to set it up right" but nobody tells me how.Somebody please help!!!!

Thanx
lates
Mc.

Oh yeah I live in Indiana and the trails I ride range anywhere from tight tight woods with several logs to jump (my house) to a sand pit with highspeed whoop sections.
thanx again!

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
10 wt oil seems a bit thick for woods riding, a 2.5 wt would be a better choice.

Mc.85

Nov 20, 2004
wow a 2.5...I think the lowest the dealers around here sell is 5wt. What difference would it make? Would it allow the forks to travel faster through the stroke, thus better plushness?
I was out riding today and things felt ok.Jumped a few logs.Minamal deflection. So idk .I just don't know how to set things up or even where to start.

lates
thanx

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…