97 rm 125 clutch and idle

Doc_smitty

Mar 26, 2004
I just bought a 97 RM 125 yesterday and took it out today, the clutch grabs at low rpm's, and tightening the cable didn't help at all. Is there another adjustment I can make?

Doc_smitty

Mar 26, 2004
I just bought a 97 RM 125 yesterday and took it out today, the clutch grabs at low rpm's, and tightening the cable didn't help at all. Is there another adjustment I can make?

overbore

Dec 24, 2001
Try to set free play to almost nothing to pull the clutch in more,and try another type
or oil,like pennsoil,and last choice buy a new clutch basket which is because the old one is probably notched.
overbore.

Doc_smitty

Mar 26, 2004
I kno the fluid in the gear box is too full but I don't know how full to fill it because there is no guage. it says 700 ml on the side but I was going to wait to check to make sure that was really the recomended leval

BJAWES

Mar 22, 2004
Is the clutch "grabbing" or "slipping" at low rpm's. I'll assume you mean grab, and you have the clutch lever pulled in, and this is why you tightened the cable. First get a book, you need one. Second don't ride the bike if you know that the oil level is over filled. I know when people get a new bike, the first thing they want to do is go and ride the piss out of it (this is normal). Really the first thing you need to do is get a book/manual and read it, then check the bike over, then ride the piss out of it. Just one of the things that could cause the problems you are describing, is water in the oil from a leaking/worn water pump, is the oil in good shape? Get a book (not trying to be rude). bjawes

Doc_smitty

Mar 26, 2004
I got my book, changed my oil, and she runs like a champ now it fixed my idle problem too, thanks guies!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…