98 Kx250 suspension problem

Zsolt67

Jun 10, 2002
I have a 98 KX250, that I bought from a friend. I bought this bike with the intention of just getting back into riding. But as it happens Im getting back to speed and I'm finding that I can't dial in the suspension for my weight and speed. He had it setup for him revalved. He is about 165lbs and a mid pack vet am. I am about 205lbs and usually top 5(motocross)when I was racing. From what I have researched I need a 5.0 shock spring and .42 fork springs. My question is how would the change to heavier spring effect the valving set up thats there. I don't want spend the money to hav e it revalved, I will be buying a new bike in the fall. So any advice would be great.

http://www.evo8usa.com

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
I think I can say this and have the general concensus agree w/me....Springs(when suspension is properly setup) are designed only to hold the bike/rider up in the stroke. Any dampening issues that come about is the valvings job to handle. So to answer your question the only purpose the springs have is to keep you and the bike up in the travel so that you get full use. Stiffer springs will definately HELP your suspension action, not harm it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…