dirtbikr99

Nov 21, 2002
Is the forks of a 99 cr250 and the forks from a 96 cr125 have the same diameter? I want to use a top clamp from my 96 on my 99 cr250 so i can use an oversize bar.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I think the cr125 has 43mm forks. Your 250 has 47mm forks. So it won't work.

dirtbikr99

Nov 21, 2002
yea you were right it did not work, i'll be buying oversize adapters tomorrow. I also got these cool aluminum inserts to go in place of the rubber ones on the top clamp, they will keep the bars from twisting in the clamp. I just hope it doesnt put too much more vibration into the bars. has anyone tryed filling the inside of the bars with calk or somthing similar, i heard that helps

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I didn't even think about it until I read your last post, but I have a set of oversize adapters if you want. They are in good condition. I took them off just a couple of weeks ago to use my Scott's damper and don't need them any more. You can have them for $25. PM with your email and I will send you a picture if you're interested.
I have had silicone in my bars for a couple of years. It does make a small but noticeable difference with vibes.
Thanks, Darrin

dirtbikr99

Nov 21, 2002
i just read your post but i just got back from the shop. I got a great deal on the oversized adapters, thanks anyway, I do need stock top clamp for a 96 cr125 tho or a bigger diameter bar to go on the cr125

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom