wooten120

Mar 5, 2009
i picked up a yz 125 that needed the forks rebuilt and after i finished em up they seemed to work fine, but have a slight rattle. i read another thread about an 05 doin that but i wanted to make sure its normal for my year. one kinda rattles a lil more than the other so idk. they go up and down fine, not a lot of rebound, kinda gotta pull up the last inch or 2 an i got the screws all the way in. does anyone think somthins wrong or am i jus trippin?

wooten120

Mar 5, 2009
you think its jus the spring? if my springs worn it might explain the lack of rebound compared to what im used to. and the rattle

YZ Teacher

Mar 13, 2007
I have a later model of these forks (2003) and they should not rattle. Also, you should not have to pull up on the bike for full extenison of the fork. If your rebound is adjusted and working it should rise just fine.

I would check that you have the fork sag adjusted correctly. Check the adj. nut on the damper shaft and see if it is backed out too far. I keep my sag at 3-5mm. If you need pics let me know as I will servicing these forks the week of the 16th or before.

Thanks,

YZ Teacher (Iowa)

Jesel

Jul 15, 2006
I had the same problem on my 99 yz 125. the first time I took them apart I found the nut had come off the damper tube under the cap causing the tube to rattle around. that fixed the problem for about a 1 season. the second time they rattled, thinking it was the same thing again, I tore them apart. I found 1 spring was collapsed about 2 inches further than the other one. this caused a obnoxious rattle when the forks were unloaded.

wooten120

Mar 5, 2009
wow thats crazy dude. well i checked the damper rods out and one of the nuts was backed half way out so that helped a lot. but shes still saggin. maxed out on oil and the sag is perfect for the rear i guess its time to measure up them springs. ive done so much work to this bike to get it all straightened out its rediculous.

Top Bottom