99rm125

Jul 17, 2003
just got a 99 rm125, hes running 80W golden spectro and R50 klotz 32:1 mix in it. I notice when i take off in first it wants to jump. I had it up on the stand and the rear wheel was spinning slightly. Also is it ok to switch oil mix? Its got an hour on the top end i want to go from klotz to castor 927.
thanks
Also can you get online manuals anywhere.

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Chances are the clutch basket has ridges in the fingers. Also the metal plates (probably aluminium which are more touchy than steel) could be glazed &/or warped.

Failing this the lever or cable could be hanging up causing the actuator to release unevenly with a hit.

But my guess in the basket. Time to pull it apart & inspect. This sort of wear is not uncommon. Small ridges can be filed but after that you are looking at replacement (aftermarket) basket. Though there is some chap who reconditions them, Stormin Norman or something.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
My 99 rm125 did the same thing. The clutch basket on the Suzuki's are terrible. When you take it apart I am positive it will have grooves cut in it from the plates. Draw filing the basket will fix the problem temporarily. But it will happen again even faster the next time. If you want a better solution, get a hinson basket and the problem will disappear. I loved the powerband that your bike has. Pretty good low end for a 125, and handled like a slot car. I still miss it!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom