A dealer actually impressed me today...

MoO_coW

Jul 14, 2000
I went to a KTM dealer today looking at the 02 125sx and I was REALLY impressed. They were truthfull about everything, the guy told me the good and bad of the bike and the bike had greese overflowing from all the joints and looked like they just didnt slap it together. They said if I bought it they would set all my suspension up as close as they could to my weight and everything with the stock suspension. They really had great customer service. They said OTD for $4700, is that about right for this time of year? They said some of the stuff I might want to get is the rear brake disk guard and a guard for the hydrolic clutch(the lower part) and they said an easy pull clutch really helps it out too. Does all that sound about right? I thought i remember hearing there have being some problems with the heim bearing, is this true at all, are there any other problems at all with the bike or any accesories that are a must? I just want the low down before I whip out my hard earned money. Thanks alot! :)

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
The shock bearing wear but not badly if you cover it with a guard made of a old rear inner tube( it will easily do one season-probably 2).The bearing are cheaper now and easy to replace.Alot easier and cheaper to do than the linkage on your ex and my present crs.The rear disk guard isnt needed IMO-very thick disks.The clutch guard is not a bad idea as is a braided steel hose for the clutch.A easy clutch lever isnt needed if you use 2.5wt fork oil in the hydo clutch.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Hey MoO, out here in So Ca. I was quoted over 6000.00 OTD on a 02 125 sx, so that sounds pretty good. The only heim bearing issue I have heard of was the mud flap rubbing though housing and thats an easy fix, the easy pull are nice but not really a big deal, and what ever they said they did to it as far as bike setup/ prep, double check it yourself no matter how much you trust them.

Great,Great bike, you'll enjoy it

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
The mud flap does wear the bearing housing and it is an easy fix.
I've heard of problems with folks going to the easy pull lever...not needed IMHO.
Another vote for the braided clutch line and master cyl. guard. (got mine from EE)
All he can do is turn the clickers for you, nice jesture but not much of a helper there.
Good Price!
You won't be disappointed, MoO!
Holler when you get it...I'll give you my airbox mod tips.

Anssi

May 20, 2001
I don't know about the easy pull clutch, mine (520 SX) is butter-smooth and one-finger light with the stock lever. I don't have the guards buth they don't sound like overkill, I dinged my front brake rotor in a race from roost (at least I don't remember falling down that moto, and the rotor had a dent after it)

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
I have had zeros problems with my easy pull clutch lever on my 00 KTM250exc and its been on since new.

There was talk, but I think it was more if dirt gets past the boot cover on the clutch lever that it scores the piston walls and starts leaking. I know several people that have the easy pull clutch and they have NO problems either.

Likes Marcus said, you can use a rubber tube and wrap the rear shock or Erider sells a heim bearing housing guard for like 26.00.

Good luck, I have two friends that race motocross on a 2002 125sx and they are sweet machines.

Just make sure you loctite all the bolts (engine mounting bolts, kickstarter bolts, rear sprocket bolts) and check all other nuts and bolts for the first couple of rides.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
The lowest quote I've received in SoCal was 5100.00 OTD (by the shop owner, I think) on the phone. When I got there a few weeks later, it was 5350.00 OTD. Of course, they started off by saying it was 6000.00 OTD, until I showed them their own add in the Cycle Trader (4700.00 + fees). Fees = 650.00 for tax, tags and other BS.

I'm sure if was serious enough, they would take 5100.00 OTD, but I'm wondering what changes there will be on the '03 125SX.

Hootna

Mar 14, 2002
Looks as though $4700 - $5000 is a good price this time of year although the 125SX is getting hard to find. I went to Fayemeyers out here in Denver and they wanted $5000 for the last one they had but I am sure would take less. I am also thinking about waiting for the 03 but after seeing the new MXACTION I may wait to see if KTM drops the 200SX on us or maybe they are just yanking everyones chain.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom