youngnbald

Oct 13, 2008
I did some searching and didn't find much...

I have a factory CRF 450 R and just bought the trail tech speedometer. You can set RPM indicators with this gauge. What is the red line for this bike (I take it that is the rev limiter that I hear about??). I found some information about the dyno on a 05 model and thought about setting the indicators to these values (don't have them at the moment). The dyno specified the RPM for max torque and RPM for max hp.

I plan on doing trail riding at several different parks. Does a factory pipe pass qualifications? I hear alot about the FMF Q silencer/ spark arrester. Do I need this?

Few more questions....

How often do you repack an exhaust?

Do you have to rejet an engine with exhaust changes? I take it you know by ride experience and sound of engine at different RPM ranges (handling)?

What are common engine temperatures? This trail tech monitors several areas, but I don't know what is common values or warning levels.

Sorry for the long posting, but learning from here.

xkevenx

Dec 4, 2007
if your bike runs stock and you replace any packing you dont need to change annything on your jetting, and just buy a silencer for your muffler, its that kind of thing that looks like sive :p ( a db killer) and if you want your rpm meter working you need to coil the wire around youre spark plug cable thats what my mates do... and the common engine temp is around 60-80 degrees celcius(i dont know what the temp is in farenheit so im sorry) and the rpm on your bike sits around 9000 rpm

i hope this info was useful.

youngnbald

Oct 13, 2008
I did a lot of reading on jetting. It looks like the after market jets are not really needed. The service manual shows quite a range for the jetting. I did buy the main jet of 172 and 168 to accommodate the high and low temp ranges I will be riding in. The RPM on the trail tech won't be in issue to get the reading. Now I am finding out you need a 12 volt supply for the indicator lights to function. Not sure if I am going to take it this far now. At least I will have engine temp, speed, time, hours, rpm, etc all displayed and will help on scheduled repairs. I am surprised more people don't use this trail tech computer? Not many post on it either.

xkevenx

Dec 4, 2007
i want to buy one myself but the thing that holds me back is the same thing that is bugging you, i dont have 12 volt power supply its only 10-12 some times so i dont think it can work on my thumper

Top Bottom