Dave88

May 25, 2004
I have recently got my first bike. It is an older bike and the front right shock has a little leak. how big of a deal is it to make sure it has enough fluid??? And how do i go about doing that?? Also how would i change the seal if i decide to do that?
Thanks

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
What is the Year, Make, and Model of your bike? That will help everyone help you.

KTA

Jul 14, 2000
If it's leaking out the seal then it is a pretty easy solution. Step one - get a repair manual, you can usually find them on amazon.com or e--bay (or a dealer). Step two - take the right fork off and use a screwdriver and hammer to gently tap off the old seal, replace with a new seal, refill with oil per manual instructions, reinstall fork.

Step one is important.

JasonWho

Apr 10, 2002
Dave88, what brand, make model bike is it? Can you change your information in your profile so it would make it easier for people to help you?

You definitely need a service manual. It will show you the proper way to get a fork oil seal out.

KTA - your tip sounds like it is for a dust seal. The problem is probably the oil seal, as it would have to leak oil past the oil seal before it gets past the dust seal. Well, I sure hope you are talking about the dust seal instead of the oil seal.

GREENBEAN

Jan 8, 2000
did you try the trick of getting a buisness card down in the seal run it around and pull it out. Sometimes a piece of dirt gets in the seal and makes it leak.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom