kawasock me

Dec 21, 2001
Hopefully, someone can answer this question for me. There are two rubber O-rings that go onto the output shaft of the transmission for my KX250. The aluminum sleeve closest to the shaft in the 2nd picture goes inside that gear that looks kinda cockeyed. It has a groove under the lip that looks like it would hold the Oring. After you put transmission assembly in the gear case you then slide that smaller spacer onto it, so it can seal against the oil seal in the case.

My problem, however, is that I'm not sure where the two Orings should go. My service manual hasn't arrived yet, and I'm not sure if it would even tell me where to put them.

Anyone know for sure from past experience?

1.jpg

2.jpg

kawasock me

Dec 21, 2001
Excellent info! Thanks for taking the time to edit the photo.

Should I put the collar on.. then an O-ring slide the assy into the case and then the second O-ring and smaller sleeve?

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Had to shake the cobwebs out as it's been a few months since I did this. CRS ya know. Thanks Mack.

What I did was to: lightly lube the counter shaft seal with grease, assemble the bottom end and torque the cases, then lightly coat the o-rings with grease, slide the o-rings onto the shaft, then slide the final collar in place. Next the sprocket and circlip. Good to go. ;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom