Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I share your grief and am praying for you, brothers. :ugg:

txvintage

Sponsoring Member
Apr 20, 2001
Alan, Neal, and family, condolences and best wishes. Thank you for sharing the insight to your father. He helped make the world a better place.

While we mourn his passing, let us celebrate his life.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
Alan and Neal, sorry for your loss, our condolences and thoughts go to out for you, from the SMB crew.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Alan & Neal,

Wendy & I both would like to express our condolences. The tribute that Neal wrote at the beginning of this post really exhibits how well your father did in his life by not only enduring the things that he did but by rearing up two wonderful & thoughtful men. His influence shows through.

Okie said it very well: “Be proud that you have this rock to stand on. Don't grieve the loss but rejoice in the fact that your father has complete peace and finally meets his well earned reward.”

God Bless,

Jim & Wendy

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
To keep things in perspective, my Dad was a quiet unassuming guy, not hugely successful, not hugely popular, his family was his life, and he did his best to provide for us. He was just an average Joe, who did his bit for his country and for his family. A good father, and a good husband, that was my Dad. My folks would have celebrated 42 years of marriage this year.

Being part of this DRN family really means a lot to me.

Thank you for all the kind responses, it is greatly appreciated.

Alan
Bundu

DoubleTrouble

May 26, 2000
Thank You

Dear friends,

Thank you for your support and kind words during this time of sorrow. It is truly appreciated.

When I left South Africa I knew it would be the last time that I saw my father. Prior to leaving I asked him if he would like to see his priest as he had been putting it off. He said yes and I arranged for the visit. The day that I was leaving the priest arrived and prayed with my father, administered the last rites and we prayed the lords prayer together. Through my tears I saw my fathers sprit soar and for a moment the pain and suffering was lifted. Peace descended upon him and us as we all sensed what lay ahead after his suffering was ended.

I spent some time alone with him before my return to the U.S. and we said our goodbyes. I cradled his head in my hands and rested my head on his shoulder and told him how much he meant to me, that I loved him and that I was going to miss him. Then I cried. He held me gently and in his strong, assuring voice told me that everything was going to be okay. "It okay, everything is going to be alright. It will be alright". A week later his suffering was over and the lord took him home.

Yesterday whilst sitting on the couch and reminiscing my daughter, Taika 5, came up to me and gave me a big hug and asked me if I was sad about Grandpa. I said I was and that I was missing him and would never see him again. She immediately fetched a photo of him and placed it in my hand. "See Dada you can see him anytime".

This morning whilst sitting at the dining room table and eating breakfast with my son, Bevan 3, (something I have been unable to do with my father for the past three years), I knew that everything is going to be alright.

My heart aches but I know it will be alright.

Neal

In memory of Christopher William Dennill: 5 November 1918 - 12 April 2002. "A battle bravely fought - Now in the Lords army". A True Hero.

lbw@howz.it

Top Bottom