Adapting the KX250 02 for Hare scramble

m_champoux

Mar 29, 2001
Hi guys !!

I'm wondering how do I adapt the suspension for hare scramble !
My weight is about 165lbs + gears. The stock fork springs is pretty hard (.43). My question :

Should I change the spring fork (.41 or .39) or put GOLD VALVE ?

I think the rear shock is softer but the fork is pettry stiff !

Thanks for your comment !!

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
I would at least start out w/some softer springs. And once you get the money go for a revalve. I hear the guys I know say its the first change they make to an mx bike. I would love to do so as well, but just don't have the cash flow to pamper myself in that manner.

pvxr400

Nov 4, 2001
Anybody riding a 00-03 KX250 in the wood? Me too I would interessted in knowing what people are using for Fork and Shock spring rate?

Just put your weight, Rider Level, Fork and Shock spring rate and tell if you have done a revalve job.

Thanks,

Patrick

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Look into the thread on removing the bladder-i would think its a good mod for woods riding.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
41 springs less HSC on comp base valve remove the bladders and like 120mms oil level works pretty good out here in NJ . We like to polish the cartridge rod slightly and the tubes a bit alsofor less stiction . Rear you can try like a 4.6 straight spring .turn comp out esp hsc adjuster like 3 turns . NJ has many diverse situations one spot will be rolling sand whoops then youll go in the woods with ruts and roots with pine needles everywhere to make things slippery and interesting .

NEMX305

~SPONSOR~
Mar 25, 2001
What Dean just described is pretty much how my stuff was set up by C-cycle. I'm using a 4.9 in the rear though. With the 41's and 4.9 is my set up for the rocks, for faster/normal courses I go back to .43's and a 5.1. I weigh 215 lbs, and am a decent expert ( always top 3 in my class).

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…