RJ-KDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
I was riding at night last week, and low and behold it's hard as hell to see. I was wondering if anyone has added any auxillary lights to their KDX. I was thinking about disconnecting the rear brake lamp, and moving the wiring up front to split off to two smaller lights, mounted on the stanchion tubes. Don't know if I need to mess with the coil or not. I might if I use high wattage lights. If anyone has done this or anything similar, please let me know. Thanks.
:worship:

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
if you want more lights, you are going to have to rewire the stator.

You can run like the UFO Twinns or Acerbis light up there. They work really well. If you do go full boar and get like a 200W coil setup, you can run the baja type of lights up there or HID.

DVO

Nov 3, 2001
What's involved with reqiring the stator? And of course, how much can that run you? I wouldn't mind a little more sunshine in my night riding either. Thanks.

RJ-KDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
Not sure about the re-wiring. I checked with the moto shop today, moving up to a 75 watt stator is about $80 to 90. Ouch ! That's more than a $1 a watt.
:| I may have to re-think this, but with fall coming, it will be getting darker sooner.
Hhhhmmmm......... :yeehaw:

Hey DVO, your signature needs to be our anthem. :thumb:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
There's a recent post with considerable info on rewinding. Try a search for such over the past couple weeks.

You could get an electriks stator for a bit less than that, but not hugely less. Mine was $72 last year.

BTW, with twins up front..you can run two different º lights. One wide, one narrow or 'spot'. That brightens things up a good bit. Anyway, they come in a variety of º dispersions.

I prefer two narrow beams in my 'twin'. It's still kinda' iffy riding any sort of technical stuff in the dark. I'd much rather be back at the rigs drinking a beer by the fire about then!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom