Aftermarket air boxes

crashburn36

Mar 25, 2002
Anyone know if they make aftermarket airboxes for a 2001 KX 125, preferably an aluminum one. And does anyone make a gas tank that is the same size/shape as the original in a KX 125? The reason I am asking is because I need these two parts for my KX/KDX conversion.

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
The airbox... I would say fabricate one... the tank... I think Kawasaki makes a pretty good one! :)

crashburn36

Mar 25, 2002
So there is no market in aftermarket air boxes for dirtbikes. Why is it that you can find aftermarket air boxes for atv's everywhere. Maybe it is just for the looks. As for the gas tank, I was trying to steer clear of the stock gas tank as I know Kawasaki charges an arm and a leg for reproduced stock parts. Anyone know about how much they go for from kawi? I haven't gotten the chassis to the KX 125 in the mail yet so I am waiting on the vin # to check the part #.

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
E-bay it baby.
I found everything I need for my conversion...and then some.

Cheers
Buc

crashburn36

Mar 25, 2002
Yup, thanks! Just got a stock gas tank for $50. Now all I need is the air box. These are a little harder to find. Thank goodness for Kawi's extensive online parts diagrams.

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
What year KX are you converting?
I'm converting a 2000 KX using a 96 KDX200 motor.
I used an air box off a 94 KX125 because that year used a 35mm carb and I did not have to modify the rubber air duct at all.
I did have to heat and mould the airbox a bit...No biggie.
Check it out here
Use the menu button at the top to navigate.
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/Buckatana12/home.html

I just bought a new 3.2 gal IMS tank for my conversion for $75. Whoohooo! :eek:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…